Disinfectant mat systems help facilities stay safer, cleaner and healthier. These mats effectively reduce cross-contamination and minimize the risk of spreading bacteria, microbes, viruses and other germs that may enter your facility by foot traffic. An effective matting system can prevent most outdoor debris and contaminants from being carried into a facility. These mats are designed to deliver disinfectant to the bottoms and treads of shoes and boots and are perfect for hospitals, food processing or other facilities that require a sterile environment.
There are various disinfectant mats available, and choosing the right type for your business is essential to get the full benefits they have to offer. With multiple options available, NoTrax™ has the best disinfectant mats to fit the needs of your workplace.
What Type of Disinfectant Mat Do You Need?
Shoe sanitizing mats are effective in reducing the spread of germs into your sterile environment. The type of disinfectant mat you need depends on your facility. Disinfectant mats fall into one of these categories:
Keeps out impurities, dust and particles from sterile environments. They feature a removable adhesive antimicrobial surface that grabs and holds soil matter from the bottoms of shoes. Peel away used sheets for a fresh, clean surface. These mats are perfect for labs and other healthcare facilities.
Designed for installation in highly sensitive and sterile working environments in the medical or healthcare industry. These mats are used to trap contaminants that can be carried into an area on the bottoms of shoes or feet. Antimicrobial mats also contain antimicrobial agents that inhibit the growth and multiplication of bacteria and other microbes.
Boot Washing Mats
Available nestled inside a durable plastic tray or without. The stations help slow the spread of contaminants from entering the facility. Stations with trays hold a sanitizing or washing solution and feature high walls to prevent the solution from leaking out. These stations are used in food processing facilities, pharmaceutical plants or any facility that requires employees to wear protective footwear.
Shoe Sanitizer Mats
Available in a two or three zone design. Two-zone systems feature a disinfecting and drying zone, and three-zone systems have a cleaning, disinfection and drying zone. They are vinyl back to prevent slipping with replacement carpet inserts with adhesive. Shoe sanitizing systems are perfect for temporary set up in any facility.
How to Use a Sanitizing Mat
Sanitizing mats help reduce contamination and disease transmission from entering your facility. They are easy to use and take minimal setup.
- Place the mat at the entrance. Make sure the mat is on a smooth, level surface.
- For best results, ensure that the mat is placed where there is a continuous direction of travel. This will help minizine cross-contamination.
- Choose the appropriate sanitizer for your purpose. Pre-mix the solution to the required strength and fill the well of the mat.
- Fill the mat until saturated. The liquid should appear when you put your foot lightly on the mat.
- Make sure you dry your feet well after sanitizing to prevent fall hazards.
- Replenish within the effective active time of the disinfectant.
Where Will You Use This Mat?
Disinfectant mats prevent contaminants from entering germ-free areas. The mats are placed at entrances and typically feature a disinfectant that kills germs, microbes, viruses and other contaminants. The mats also help keep dirt and debris from being tracked into the facility. Below are some of the disinfectant mat types used in the industries that require sterilization before entering.
- Indoor/Dry Areas include most hospitals, laboratories or office areas in food processing plants. In these environments, shoe sanitation systems, antimicrobial mats and tacky mats will suffice. These mats effectively clean and disinfect most street shoes' bottoms without the worry of tracking in extra moisture indoors.
- Wet/Dry Areas are found in meatpacking plants, greenhouses or any facility that requires employees to wear rubber boots or other protective footwear. Boot Washing Stations are best for these facilities to ensure sanitation as the employee enters or leaves the workplace. Additionally, shoe sanitation systems, antimicrobial mats and tacky mats can also be used in dry areas of the facility to prevent cross-contamination.
Do You Need a Custom Mat?
Standard mat sizes are suitable for many facilities. However, in some instances, standard mats are not applicable in areas with unique layouts. Fortunately, NoTrax carries a wide range of mat sizes and offers custom sizes upon request. We can custom cut carpet disinfectant mats to fit lengths up to 60 feet.
- Stock Sizes. Our inventory includes several standard disinfectant mat sizes in stock that may suit your needs. Stock mats are prefabricated and are available in several sizes, patterns and colors.
- Custom Length. We can cut a roll of carpet mats to fit your facility's specifications up to 60 feet in length.
Understand the Specifics (Glossary)
We use industry-specific terms in the descriptions of our products, which can be challenging to understand. Here's a glossary to help you understand the terminology and find the perfect disinfectant mat to keep your facility clean and germ-free.
- Natural rubber is a durable material that provides suburb traction on slippery floors. The mats have surface ridges or textures that aid in scrubbing/wiping the bottoms of shoes while guiding water and away. Rubber floor mats work well in high-traffic areas.
- Rubberized gel foam mats are designed for extreme ergonomic comfort. Made from closed-cell foam, these mats do not absorb liquids and are highly resistant to grease and oils.
- Vinyl or PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) is a synthetic compound that is durable and resistant to moisture. Due to their affordability and versatility, PVC mats are a popular choice for floor matting. PVC is not suitable for frigid environments.
- Fingers pattern features thousands of durable, flexible rubber "fingers" that sweep shoes clean.
- Pebble Grain features a non-directional pebble textured embossed design for scrubbing shoe soles and slip resistance.
- Bubble/Domed patterned mats facilitate scraping and drying while trapping moisture and debris.